Next intake in 2022
Candidates who successfully complete the Diploma (PgDMM) are eligible to apply for
registration to the MA programme (MMM).
The MMM programme at the University of Colombo aims at providing outstanding professional level training and capacity to suitably qualified Manufacturing Managers for manufacturing organizations. Our staff is fully committed to providing a challenging learning environment, which enables you to prepare for rewarding and fulfilling careers. The MMM progarmme is one of the oldest and demanded programmes at FGS.
The programme covers wide range of areas in manufacturing management and particularly targets those who work in the areas of manufacturing management. This is an excel ground to improve knowledge, share experiences and develop professional and social networks.
- An understanding of the dynamics of different manufacturing systems and modeling these with a view to optimize performance.
- An insight into the interrelationships between different functional areas of a factory and how these can be managed to enhance performance.
- Appreciation of the research methods applicable to manufacturing environments and their use to achieve key performance parameters.
- An understanding of how management of supply chains impact on service effectiveness and inventory efficiency.
- How strategic supply chain management can profitably link international supply chains
- A grasp of the application methods of basic project management techniques to manufacturing environments.
- An understanding of how computer technologies competitively integrate the manufacturing organization and its supply chain
- How computer integrated manufacturing can unify diverse functional areas, product diversity and manufacturing processes in a manufacturing information system..
- A grasp of the interrelations between production, engineering, automation, support systems and software
- An understanding of different approaches to manufacturing strategy formulation
- A grasp of the complexities in linking manufacturing strategy to competitiveness
- An insight into how different processes impact strategy formulation
MMM 6301 – Manufacturing Science
MMM 6302 – Manufacturing Supply Chain management
MMM 6403 – Computer Integrated Manufacturing
MMM 6404 – Manufacturing Strategy
MMM 6405 – Dissertation (Research Methodology)
- The programme of study leading to the PGDip MM Degree, unless otherwise decided by the Senate on the recommendation of the Faculty Board for special reasons, shall be one academic year with eight (08) courses of 30 total credits, offered in two semesters. In the case of the MMM Degree the schedule shall be one academic year with four (4) taught courses and a dissertation of 15 credits amounting to a total of thirty one (31) credits, offered in two semesters. Thus the overall credit value of MMM Degree will amount to sixty one (61) credits since the PGDip MM Degree embodies the first year of MMM Degree programme.
- The titles of courses, syllabi, course codes, credit points and other details are those set out in the schedule and the Senate shall have power, on the recommendation of the Faculty Board to amend, add to, delete from or vary the courses, their titles, syllabi, course codes, credit points and other details of the programme. Such amendments shall come into effect after due notice.
- The Programme of Study and Examinations leading to the PGDip MM/MMM Degree shall be conducted in the conventional mode and/or through the information communication technology driven on-line mode or a combination of multi-modes and these By-Laws, and other relevant By-Laws, Rules and Regulations passed by the University shall be so applied and interpreted in order to facilitate the effective conduct of the study programme without compromising its integrity and quality.
- The medium of instruction and examination shall be English.
- The Senate, on the recommendation of the Faculty Board shall appoint a Board of Examiners to conduct examinations and assess the performance of candidates.
- In the case of MMM Degree, the essential admission condition is the successful completion of the PGDip MM programme.
- A person who wishes to apply for the FGS programmes shall forward the application to the Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, No.35/30, Pro. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07.
- Applications can be downloaded from (fgs.cmb.ac.lk) the faculty website.
- The students will be selected through an interview.
- The next intake will be announced via the website, at the time of calling for applicants.
Application Fee: LKR 3,000/-
Registration Fee: LKR 5,000/-
Course Fee: LKR 130,000/-
Library Fee: LKR 1500/-
Examination Fee: LKR 8000/-
(Per one paper 2000*4)
Refundable Library Deposit: LKR 5,000/-
(Rs. 2,500/= per card)
- Professor A. A. C. Abeysinghe
- Dr Nilakshi WK Galahitiyawe
- Mr WABS Wickramarachchi
- Mr Daminda Geeganage
- Mr Suneth Kotuthenna
- Mr Chanuka Wattegama
- Mr GDK Hewawasam
Professor A.A.C. Abeysinghe
PhD, The University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Mobile: (+94)11 205 56 56
Phone: (+94) 11 205 56 56