Applications are closing on 15th July 2022
Programme fee can be paid in installments
Those who are unable to pay the application fee to the Bank, they can pay the application fee using the online payment (Pay Online) method of the University of Colombo. Please select “Course Fee – pst grad(FGS/FMF/FOS/Law” for the Fee Type and type the account code starting from 318…. given at the advertisement for Payment Reference and proceed the payment. You should submit the online payment confirmation receipt instead of payment slip in addition to the requested documents as mentioned in the advertisement.
The FGS of the University of Colombo is dedicated to promote high-quality Postgraduate education. We provide training, and research in multidisciplinary fields paying special attention to the current needs of developing countries. The Mission: To provide advanced knowledge at postgraduate level and create human capital for growth and development. The Vision: To foster excellence, creativity and innovation in graduate education of Sri Lanka. Keeping an accordance to Sri Lanka qualifications frame work this program consists of 25 Credits, with exit level of 8. The curriculum of the program will treat development issues in a multi-disciplinary manner.
Objective of the program is to provide in depth understanding of development related issues and discourses, both theoretical and practical.
PG Dip (LRHRmgt) – 5101 Economics for Managers
PG Dip (LRHRmgt) – 5102 Fundamentals of Management
PG Dip (LRHRmgt) – 5103 Human Resource Management
PG Dip (LRHRmgt) – 5104 Statistical Analysis
PG Dip (LRHRmgt) – 5105 Organizational Behavior
PG Dip (LRHRmgt) – 5201 Industrial Relations & Labour laws
PG Dip (LRHRmgt) – 5202 Compensation Management
PG Dip (LRHRmgt) – 5203 Research Methods
PG Dip (LRHRmgt) – 5204 People Management in Global Context
PG Dip (LRHRmgt) – 5205 Seminar in Contemporary Issues in HRM
- The Postgraduate Diploma PG Dip (LRHRmgt) course consists of ten taught modules. The taught modules are structured around a programme of formal lecture-room instruction, directed reading, participation in seminars, role playing exercises, and classroom discussions.
- Activities such as seminars with outside speakers, case study,workshops, field study workshops and field study visits designed to bridge the gap between academic work and practical aspects of the subject constitute an essential component of the programme.
- All taught courses will be assessed by a combination of course-work and an examination.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University/Institution with relevant subject area of the Postgraduate Diploma programme.; or
- Any other Bachelor’s degree, with prior learning/work experience in relevant subject area of the Postgraduate Diploma programme.; or
- Professional qualification in the relevant subject area of the Postgraduate Diploma programme from a recognized professional body acceptable to the Faculty Board of the FGS and Senate of University of Colombo with prior learning/ work experience in relevant subject area.; or
- Completion of NVQ level 7 (equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in SLQF) with relevant work experience in the relevant subject area as determined by the Faculty Board of the FGS and Senate of the University of Colombo.; And
- A good working knowledge of English.
- A person who wishes to apply for the FGS programmes shall forward the application to the Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, No.35/30, Pro. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07.
- Applications can be downloaded from (fgs.cmb.ac.lk) the faculty website.
- The students will be selected through an interview or a placement test or both.
- The next intake will be announced via the website, at the time of calling for applicants.
Application Fee: LKR 3,000/-
Registration Fee: LKR 5,000/-
Course Fee: LKR 105,000/-
Library Fee: LKR 1500/-
Examination Fee: LKR 18000/-
(Per one paper 2000*9)
Refundable Library Deposit: LKR 5,000/-
(Rs. 2,500/= per card)
- Professor MPP Dharmadasa
- Professor KASP Kaluarachchi
- Professor DTD Kodagoda
- Professor B Nishantha
- Dr Rajitha Silva
- Dr MAYD Madurapperuma
- Dr WA Sajitha Dishanka
- A Sarveswaran
- AMCP Atapattu
- MRF Ruwaiha
Dr Rajitha Silva
PhD in University of Kelaniya
Mobile: (+94)77 363 52 18
Ms. Avishka Indiwari
Phone: (+94) 11 205 56 56