Closing date of the applications is extended till 20th September 2023
Payment Option 1
Please pay at any branch of the People’s Bank Island-wide using the usual deposit slip. Fill in the slip using the following information and your personal information. Please keep a photocopy/scanned copy of the slip with you before providing it to the university.
Account Number: 318541100003
Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Colombo
Payment Option 1
Please follow the instructions given below.
Those who are unable to pay the application fee to the Bank, they can pay the application fee using the online payment (Pay Online) method of the University of Colombo.
- Please select “Course Fee – pst grad(FGS/FMF/FOS/Law” for the Fee Type
- Select Visa or Master
- Enter your Name, NIC (National Identity Card Number) or Passport Number and LKR 3000/=(Local Students)/ 40 USD (Foreign Students) as the Amount.
- Type the account number 318541100003 for Payment Reference. Then click the verify button
- Please add your name instead of Student Reg No.
- Submit your information.
- Check and confirm your details.
- Enter your card details and proceed .
You should submit the online payment confirmation receipt instead of payment slip in addition to the requested documents as mentioned in the advertisement.
The University of Colombo, as part of an ongoing process of conducting courses to meet the demands of the changing business world announces the continuation of its extremely successful Postgraduate Diploma Programme in Business Management PGDip (Busi Mgmt).
Recognizing the needs of a changing and competitive world of enterprise, contemporary organizations are demanding better qualified executives, able to deal effectively, not only with day to day routine work, but also capable of making a significant contribution to the corporate planning strategies of the company.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management will attempt to bridge the gap between the academic knowledge gained during the first Degree/ Diploma and the management needs in the currently competitive business arena. Undergraduates who have performed well in their degree courses will now be given the opportunity to improve their practical skills. Since this course incorporates management related subjects, it will improve their competitiveness in the labour market.
Undergraduates, whose horizon was limited to the public sector, will now be trained to face the demands of a competitive business environment with confidence. They will be equipped with the skills of analysis, presentation and decision making necessary to succeed in securing attractive employment opportunities and in becoming skillful managers who are assets to their employers.
PGDBM 5101 – Accounting and Finance
PGDBM 5102 – Business Economics
PGDBM 5103 – Quantitative Techniques
PGDBM 5104 – Management Process & Practices
PGDBM 5205 – Human Resource Management
PGDBM 5206 – Operations Management
PGDBM 5207 – Marketing Management
PGDBM 5208 – Strategic Management
PGDBM 5209 – Research Methods
- The program of study leading to the PGDip (Busi Mgmt), unless otherwise decided by the Senate on the recommendation of the Faculty Board for special reasons, as prescribed in the schedule shall be one academic year with nine (09) courses of 26 credits, offered in two semesters.
- The titles of courses, syllabi, course codes, credit point and other details are those set out in the schedule and the Senate shall have power, on the recommendation of the Faculty Board of the FGS to amend, add to, delete from or vary the courses, their titles, syllabi, course codes, credit points and other details of the programme. Such amendments shall come into effect after due notice.
- The Programme of Study and Examinations leading to the PGDip (Busi Mgmt) will be conducted in the conventional mode and/or through the information communication technology driven on-line mode or a combination of multi-modes and these By-Laws, and other relevant By-Laws, Rules and Regulations passed by the University of Colombo shall be so applied and interpreted in order to facilitate the effective conduct of the study programme without compromising its integrity and quality.
- The medium of instruction and examination shall be English.
- The Senate, on the recommendation of the Faculty Board of the FGS shall appoint a Board of Examiners to conduct examinations and assess the performance of candidates.
- The Senate, on the recommendation of the Faculty Board shall appoint a Board of Examiners to conduct and assess the performance of candidates.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University/ Institution in Business Management; OR
- Any other Bachelor’s degree, with prior learning/ work experience in Business Management; OR
- Professional qualification in Business Management from a recognized professional body acceptable to the Faculty Board of the FGS and Senate of the University of Colombo with prior learning/ work experience in Business Management; OR
- Completion of NVQ level 7 (equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in SLQF) with relevant work experience in Business Management as determined by the Faculty Board of the FGS and Senate of the University of Colombo; OR
- Diploma or Higher Diploma from the University of Colombo or qualification equivalent to SLQF Three/Four (03/04) with relevant work experience in Business Management as determined by the Faculty Board of the FGS and Senate of the University of Colombo;
- A good knowledge of English language and satisfactory performance at a selection test and/or selection interview.
- Each application under clause (iv) and clause (v) shall be considered on its merit.
- A person who wishes to apply for the FGS programmes shall forward the application to the Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, No.35/30, Pro. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07.
- Applications can be downloaded from (fgs.cmb.ac.lk) the faculty website.
- The students will be selected through an interview or a placement test or both.
- The next intake will be announced via the website, at the time of calling for applicants.
Course Fee (Local Students)
Application Fee: LKR 3,000/-
Registration Fee: LKR 5,000/-
Course Fee: LKR 150,500/-
Library Fee: LKR 1,500/-
Examination Fee: LKR 18,000/-
(Per one paper 2,000*9)
Refundable Library Deposit: LKR 5,000/-
(Rs. 2,500/= per card)
Course Fee (Foreign Students)
Application Fee: 40 USD
Registration Fee: 65 USD
Course Fee: 1942 USD
Library Fee: 19 USD
Examination Fee: 232 USD
Refundable Library Deposit: 65 USD
- Professor K. Dissanayake
- Professor M. P. P. Dharmadasa
- Professor. S. T. W. S. Yapa
- Professor H. M. N. Padmasiri
- Professor D. L. P. M. Rathnasinghe
- Dr. W. A. S. Dishanka
- Dr W.G. Pemarathne
- Dr. Mayuri Atapattu
- Dr. Sujeewa Damayanthi
- Mr. R. M. R. B. Rajapakse
- Mr. Chandana Wijekoon
- Ms. K. J. D Samanthi
Professor K. Dissanayake
Ph.D, Meiji University, Tokyo
Telephone: +94 11 205 56 56
Ms. Ashika De Silva
Phone: (+94) 11 205 56 56