Closing date of the applications is extended till 15th February 2023
Payment Option 1
Please pay at any branch of the People’s Bank Island-wide using the usual deposit slip. Fill in the slip using the following information and your personal information. Please keep a photocopy/scanned copy of the slip with you before providing it to the university.
Account Number: 318175800003
Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Colombo
Payment Option 2
Please follow the instructions given below.
Those who are unable to pay the application fee to the Bank, they can pay the application fee using the online payment (Pay Online) method of the University of Colombo.
- Please select “Course Fee – pst grad(FGS/FMF/FOS/Law” for the Fee Type
- Select Visa or Master
- Enter your Name, NIC (National Identity Card Number) or Passport Number and LKR 3000/=(Local Students)/ 50 USD (Foreign Students) as the Amount.
- Type the account number 318175800003 for Payment Reference. Then click the verify button
- Please add your name instead of Student Reg No.
- Submit your information.
- Check and confirm your details.
- Enter your card details and proceed .
You should submit the online payment confirmation receipt instead of payment slip in addition to the requested documents as mentioned in the advertisement.
The Faculty of Graduate Studies of the University of Colombo will be commencing its seventh programme on Master of Environment Management in January 2021. This is an interdisciplinary programme that focuses on ecological, legal, social and economic aspects of environment management. The programme is designed to cater both amateurs as well as professionals to develop their career in Environment Management.
On completion of the programme the students are expected to:
- Equip with a sufficient theoretical knowledge, recognize and evaluate theoretical perspectives on ecological and economic value of the environment assets, their products and services.
- Acquire skills and technical ability to understand and act on mitigating environmental problems related to sustainable development with special reference to Sri Lanka.
MEM 6101 – Natural Resources and Environment Management
MEM 6102 – Industrial Resources and Environment Management
MEM 6103 – Environment Tools for Management
MEM 6104 – Research Methods
MEM 6201 – Global Environmental Issues, their Implications and Mitigation
MEM 6202 – State Policies and their Implications on the Environment
MEM 6203 – Environmental Law
MEM 6204 – Climate Change Impacts, Mitigation and Adaptation
MEM 6205 – Independent Study
- The program is of one academic year duration with two semesters containing eight (08) taught courses of 25 total credit values, and an Independent Study component of 7000- 8000 words which carry 05 credits.
- The evaluation method for taught courses is the end of semester examination (50% marks), and assignments (50% marks). Independent study report carry 100% marks.
- The Program of Study and Examinations will be conducted in the conventional mode and/or through the information communication technology driven on-line mode or a combination of multi-modes.
- The medium of instruction and examination shall be English.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University/Institution in Environment Management; OR
- Any other Bachelor’s Degree, with prior learning/work experience in Environment Management; OR
- Postgraduate Diploma (SLQF 8) from a recognized University/Institution or an equal qualification acceptable to the Faculty Board of the FGS and the Senate of the University of Colombo with prior learning/work experience in Environment Management; OR
- Professional qualification in Environment Management from a recognized professional body with acceptable to the Faculty Board of the FGS and the Senate of University of Colombo with prior learning/work experience in Environment Management; OR
- Completion of NVQ level 7 (Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in SLQF) with relevant work in Environment Management as determined by the Faculty Board of the FGS and the Senate of University of Colombo. AND
A good knowledge of English language and satisfactory performance at a selection test and/or a selection interview.
Each application under clause (v) shall be considered on its merit.
- A person who wishes to apply for the FGS programmes shall forward the application to the Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, No.35/30, Pro. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07.
- Applications can be downloaded from (fgs.cmb.ac.lk) the faculty website.
- The students will be selected through an interview.
- The next intake will be announced via the website, at the time of calling for applicants.
Course Fee ( Local Students)
Application Fee: LKR 3,000/-
Registration Fee: LKR 5,000/-
Course Fee: LKR 157,500/-
Library Fee: LKR 1500/-
Examination Fee: LKR 16000/-
(Per one paper 2000*8)
Refundable Library Deposit: LKR 5,000/-
(Rs. 2,500/= per card)
- Professor Sudheera M. W. Ranwala
- Professor Ranjana Piyadasa
- Professor Deepthi Wickramasinghe
- Professor Chamari Hettiarachchi
- Professor K. Amirthalingam
- Professor S.P. Premarathne
- Professor A. Sarveswaran
- Dr. Athula Senaratne
- Dr. P. S. Saputhanthri
- Dr. Jinendra Dissanayake
- Dr. Jayantha Wattewidanage
- Dr. Chaminda Padmakumara
- Eng. Samantha Kumarasena
- Eng. Ajith Jayasuriya
- Mrs Samanthi Narangoda
- Mr. Nishantha Edirisinghe
- Mr. Ranga Pallawala
PhD, University of Aberdeen, Scotland UK
Ms. Chandrika Rathnayaka
Phone: (+94) 11 205 56 56