Application are closing on 19th July 2021
Those who are unable to pay the application fee to the Bank, they can pay the application fee using the online payment (Pay Online) method of the University of Colombo. Please select “Course Fee – pst grad(FGS/FMF/FOS/Law” for the Fee Type and type the account code starting from 318…. given at the advertisement for Payment Reference and proceed the payment. You should submit the online payment confirmation receipt instead of payment slip in addition to the requested documents as mentioned in the advertisement.
Masters of Public Administration and Management (MPA & M) is a distinctive and innovative program which provides the opportunity to gain knowledge, analyze and practice to appreciate public administration in relation to the public sector organizations and conducts with broader societal and economic development aspects of modern Sri Lankan society. A distinguishing feature of the program is its multi-disciplinary and holistic approach: the courses are treated both from an applied and a theoretical perspective with specific and applicable models, methodologies and insights from a variety of core disciplines such as finance, governance, procurement and other related discipline applicable to field of public administration and management are included.
The program is especially deigned to offer the opportunity to learn through experience and Shared learning with other students, with program more with deeper understanding of related theories and practices. The program aims at developing knowledge of a wider spectrum of topics In public administration especially in public sector establishments with especial focus on; public sector management, how public sector operates, procurement and other legislative practices and project management initiatives will be considered with challenges to be faced with acceptable credentials. Further, the program aims to develop understanding of relevant approaches and elements of undertaking a research enquiry in the field of public administration. In all, the program attempts to educate its participants how public administration is shaped in local and international context with the development of social, technological and political influences.
In general, it focuses on:
- Appreciation of the public sector operations and related development and in enhancing performance expectations.
- Recognition of the aims, practices and implications of public administration and management.
- Awareness of legal aspects of public administration and management.
- Awareness of the issues arising in local and global public administration and management in a holistic perspective.
MPAM 6101 – Public Administration and Governance
MPAM 6102 – Financial Management
MPAM 6103 – Project Management
MPAM 6104 – Strategic Management
MPAM 6205 – Public Procurement Management
MPAM 6206 – Information Systems Management
MPAM 6207 – Research Methods
MPAM 6208 – Independent Study
- Duration: One year
- Weekends (Sunday)
- SLQF level: 9
- Number of Credits: 30
- Medium of Instructions: English
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University / Institution in public Administration; OR
- Any other Bachelor’s Degree, with prior learning / work experience in Public Administration; OR
- Postgraduate Diploma (SLQF 8) from a recognized University / Institution or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the Faculty Board and the Senate of the University of Colombo with prior Learning / work experience in Public Administration; OR
- Professional qualification in Public Administration from a recognized professional body acceptable to the Faculty Board of the FGS and the Senate of University with prior learning / work experience in Public Administration; OR
- Completion of NVQ level 7 (Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in SLQF) with relevant work experience in Public Administration as determined by the Faculty Board and the Senate of the University; And
- A good knowledge of English language and satisfactory performance at a selection test and / or an
Application forms can be downloaded from the faculty web site fgs.cmb.ac.lk.
Completed application forms along with the certified copies of relevant certificates and payment slip should be scanned and emailed via (email@example.com) and also should be sent through the registered post to reach the Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, on or before 19th July 2021.
Application fee of Rs 3000/= can be made by using the code 318-1657-0000-5 to any People’s Bank Branch.
Application Fee: LKR 3,000/-
Registration Fee: LKR 5,000/-
Course Fee: LKR 129,500/-
Library Fee: LKR 1,500/-
Examination Fee: LKR 14,000/-
Refundable Library Deposit: LKR 5,000/-
(Rs. 2,500/= per card)
MPAM 6101 Public Administration and Governance – S Ranugge
MPAM 6102 Financial Management – KA Vimalenthirarajah
MPAM 6103 Project Management – RA Kumara
MPAM 6104 Strategic Management – Dr. WG Premaratne
Dr. S.C. Padmakumara
PhD, South Asian University, India
Phone: (+94) 11 205 56 56