AddressFaculty of Graduate Studies, University of Colombo. View map
CategoriesCourses , Masters Programmes
Closing date of the applications is 18th June 2023
Payment Option 1
Please pay at any branch of the People’s Bank Island-wide using the usual deposit slip. Fill in the slip using the following information and your personal information. Please keep a photocopy/scanned copy of the slip with you before providing it to the university.
Account Number: 318166100008
Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Colombo
Payment Option 2
Please follow the instructions given below.
Those who are unable to pay the application fee to the Bank, they can pay the application fee using the online payment (Pay Online) method of the University of Colombo.
- Please select “Course Fee – pst grad(FGS/FMF/FOS/Law” for the Fee Type
- Select Visa or Master
- Enter your Name, NIC (National Identity Card Number) or Passport Number and LKR 3000/=(Local Students)/ 60 USD (Foreign Students) as the Amount.
- Type the account number 318166100008 for Payment Reference. Then click the verify button
- Please add your name instead of Student Reg No.
- Submit your information.
- Check and confirm your details.
- Enter your card details and proceed .
You should submit the online payment confirmation receipt instead of payment slip in addition to the requested documents as mentioned in the advertisement.
Masters of Public Administration and Management (MPA & M) is a distinctive and innovative program which provides the opportunity to gain knowledge, analyze and practice to appreciate public administration in relation to the public sector organizations and conducts with broader societal and economic development aspects of modern Sri Lankan society. A distinguishing feature of the program is its multi-disciplinary and holistic approach: the courses are treated both from an applied and a theoretical perspective with specific and applicable models, methodologies and insights from a variety of core disciplines such as finance, governance, procurement and other related discipline applicable to field of public administration and management are included.
The program is especially deigned to offer the opportunity to learn through experience and Shared learning with other students, with program more with deeper understanding of related theories and practices. The program aims at developing knowledge of a wider spectrum of topics In public administration especially in public sector establishments with especial focus on; public sector management, how public sector operates, procurement and other legislative practices and project management initiatives will be considered with challenges to be faced with acceptable credentials. Further, the program aims to develop understanding of relevant approaches and elements of undertaking a research enquiry in the field of public administration. In all, the program attempts to educate its participants how public administration is shaped in local and international context with the development of social, technological and political influences.
In general, it focuses on:
- Appreciation of the public sector operations and related development and in enhancing performance expectations.
- Recognition of the aims, practices and implications of public administration and management.
- Awareness of legal aspects of public administration and management.
- Awareness of the issues arising in local and global public administration and management in a holistic perspective.
MPAM 6101 – Public Administration and Governance
MPAM 6102 – Financial Management
MPAM 6103 – Project Management
MPAM 6104 – Strategic Management
MPAM 6205 – Public Procurement Management
MPAM 6206 – Information Systems Management
MPAM 6207 – Research Methods
MPAM 6208 – Independent Study
By-law of MPA
- Duration: One year
- Weekday Evenings
- SLQF level: 9
- Number of Credits: 30
- Medium of Instructions: English
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University / Institution in Public Administration; OR
- Any other Bachelor’s degree, with prior learning / work experience in Public Administration; OR
- Postgraduate Diploma (SLQF 8) from a recognized University /Institution or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the Faculty Board and the Senate of the University of Colombo with prior learning / work experience in Public Administration; OR
- Professional qualification in Public Administration from a recognized professional body acceptable to the Faculty Board of the Faculty of Graduate Studies and the Senate of University with prior learning / work experience in Public Administration; OR
- Completion of NVQ level 7 (Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in SLQF) with relevant work experience in Public Administration as determined by the Faculty Board and the Senate of the University; AND
- A good knowledge of English language and satisfactory performance at a selection test and /or an interview.
- A person who wishes to apply for the FGS programmes shall forward the application to the Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, No.35/30, Pro. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07.
- Applications can be downloaded from (fgs.cmb.ac.lk) the faculty website.
- The students will be selected through an interview.
- The next intake will be announced via the website, at the time of calling for applicants.
Course Fee for Local Students
Application Fee: LKR 3,000/-
Registration Fee: LKR 5,000/-
Course Fee: LKR 159,500/-
Library Fee: LKR 1,500/-
Examination Fee: LKR 14,000/-
Refundable Library Deposit: LKR 5,000/-
(Rs. 2,500/= per card)
Course Fee for Foreign Students
Application Fee: 60 USD
Registration Fee: 96 USD
Course Fee: 3038 USD
Library Fee: 29 USD
Examination Fee: 267 USD
Refundable Library Deposit: 96 USD
|MPAM 6101||Public Administration and Governanc||Mr. S Ranugge|
|MPAM 6102||Financial Management||Mr. KA Vimalenthirarajah|
|MPAM 6103||Project Management||Mr. RA Kumara|
|MPAM 6104||Strategic Management||Dr. SDK Wanninayaka|
|MPAM 6205||Public Procumbent Management||Mr. Saliya Dharmawardena|
|MPAM 6206||Information System Management||Dr. Dillana Herath|
|MPAM 6207||Research Methods||Prof. MPP Dharmadasa, Dr. Rajitha Silva, Mr. Rajistha De Alwis Senavirathne|
|MPAM 6208||Independent Study|
Dr. G. R. P. Silva
PhD, CTHE, MBA, PgDip, BBA
Ms. Ishara Ramanayaka
Phone: (+94) 11 205 56 56