Applications are closing on 15th July 2022
Programme fee can be paid in installments
Those who are unable to pay the application fee to the Bank, they can pay the application fee using the online payment (Pay Online) method of the University of Colombo. Please select “Course Fee – pst grad(FGS/FMF/FOS/Law” for the Fee Type and type the account code starting from 318…. given at the advertisement for Payment Reference and proceed the payment. You should submit the online payment confirmation receipt instead of payment slip in addition to the requested documents as mentioned in the advertisement.
The FGS of the University of Colombo is dedicated to promote high-quality Postgraduate education. We provide training, and research in multidisciplinary fields paying special attention to the current needs of developing countries. The Mission: To provide advanced knowledge at postgraduate level and create human capital for growth and development.
The Vision: To foster excellence, creativity and innovation in graduate education of Sri Lanka.
Keeping an accordance to Sri Lanka qualifications frame work this program consists of 25 Credits, with exit level of 8. The curriculum of the program will treat development issues in a multi-disciplinary manner.
The Objective of this programme is to introduce concepts and theories of peace and conflict studies, focusing on methods of analyzing them, and the ways and means of managing, transforming, and resolving them, through a survey of peace and conflict literature. It will encourage students to scrutinize various types of conflicts in social, cultural, ethnic, economic, political, developmental, environmental and other such spheres.
PGDCPS 5101- Concepts and Theories of Peace and Conflict
PGDCPS 5102 -Practices of Conflict Management
PGDCPS 5103 -Sustainable Development and Peace
PGDCPS 5104 -Research Methodology
PGDCPS 5201- Constitutionalism and Conflict Studies
PGDCPS 5202- Multiculturalism and Peace
PGDCPS 5203 -Environmental Issues and Conflicts
PGDCPS 5204 -Forced migration and Peacebuilding
The program of study leading to the PgDCPS, unless otherwise decided by the Senate on the recommendation of the Faculty Board for special reasons, as prescribed in the schedule shall be one academic year with eight (08) courses of 25 credits, offered in two semesters as prescribed in the Schedule.
The Program of Study and Examinations leading to the PgDCPS will shall be conducted in the conventional mode and/or through the information communication technology driven on-line mode or a combination of multi-modes and these By-Laws, and other relevant By-Laws, Rules and Regulations passed by the University of Colombo shall be so applied and interpreted in order to facilitate the effective conduct of the study program without compromising its integrity and quality.
The medium of instruction and examination shall be English.
The Senate, on the recommendation of the Faculty Board of the FGS shall appoint a Board of Examiners to conduct examinations and assess the performance of Candidates.
By-law of PgDCPS
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University / Institution in Conflict and Peace Studies; OR
- Any other Bachelor’s degree, with prior learning/work experience in Conflict and Peace Studies; OR
- Professional qualification in Conflict and Peace Studies from a recognized professional body which is acceptable to the Faculty Board and the Senate of University of Colombo with prior learning/work experience in Conflict and Peace Studies; OR
- Completion of NVQ level 7(Equivalent to Bachelors degree in SLQF) with relevant work experience in Conflict and Peace Studies as determined by the Faculty Board and the Senate of University; AND
- A good knowledge of English language and satisfactory performance at a selection test and/or selection interview.
- A person who wishes to apply for the FGS programmes shall forward the application to the Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, No.35/30, Pro. Stanley Wijesundara Mawatha, Colombo 07.
- Applications can be downloaded from (fgs.cmb.ac.lk) the faculty website.
- The students will be selected through an interview or a placement test or both.
- The next intake will be announced via the website, at the time of calling for applicants.
Application Fee: LKR 3,000/-
Registration Fee: LKR 5,000/-
Course Fee: LKR 80,000/-
Library Fee: LKR 1,500/-
Examination Fee: LKR 16,000/-
(Per one paper 2,000*8)
Refundable Library Deposit: LKR 5,000/-
(Rs. 2,500/= per card)
- Senior Professor Nayani Melegoda
- Dr Hasith Kandaudahewa
- Professor A. Sarveswaran
- Professor Maneesha Wanasinghe Pasqual
- Professor S.C. Padmakumara
- Dr Pavithra Jayawadene
- Dr Nirmali Wijegoonawardena
- Dr K. A. Sandunika Hasangani
- Mr Sashikamal Kodithuwakku
Dr Hasith Kandaudahewa
PhD, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. DMC Ayeshmantha
Phone: (+94) 11 205 56 56