Applications are closing on 10th September 2021
Those who are unable to pay the application fee to the Bank, they can pay the application fee using the online payment (Pay Online) method of the University of Colombo. Please select “Course Fee – pst grad(FGS/FMF/FOS/Law” for the Fee Type and type the account code starting from 318…. given at the advertisement for Payment Reference and proceed the payment. You should submit the online payment confirmation receipt instead of payment slip in addition to the requested documents as mentioned in the advertisement.
Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration (PgDPA) is a distinctive and innovative program which provides the opportunity to gain knowledge, analyze and practice to appreciate public administration in relation to the public sector organizations and conducts with broader societal and economic development aspects of modern Sri Lankan society.
In general, it focuses on:
- Appreciation of the public sector operations and related development and in enhancing performance expectations.
- Recognition of the aims, practices and implications of public administration and
- Awareness of legal aspects of public administration and
- Awareness of the issues arising in local and global public administration and management in a holistic perspective.
PgDPA 5101 – Introduction to Public Administration
PgDPA 5102 – Public Sector Accounting and Finance
PgDPA 5103 – Public Policy
PgDPA 5104 – Seminar on Management
PgDPA 5205 – Research Methods
PgDPA 5206 – Human Security and Disaster Management
PgDPA 5207 – Human Resource Management
PgDPA 5208 – Public Sector Auditing
PgDPA 5209 – Legal Aspects of Public Administration
By-law of PgDPA
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University/Institution in Public Administration; OR
- Any other Bachelor’s degree, with prior learning/work experience in Public Administration; OR
- Professional qualification in Public Administration from a recognized professional body with prior learning/ work experience in Public Administration acceptable to the Faculty Board of the FGS and the Senate of the University of Colombo; OR
- Completion of NVQ level 7 (equivalent to Bachelors degree in SLQF) with relevant work experience in Public Administration as determined by the Faculty Board and the Senate; And
- A good knowledge of English language and satisfactory performance at a selection test and / or an interview.
Application forms can be downloaded from the faculty web site fgs.cmb.ac.lk
Completed application forms along with the certified copies of relevant certificates and payment slip should be scanned and emailed via (email@example.com) and also should be sent through the registered post to reach the Senior Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Graduate Studies, on or before
10th September 2021.
Application fee of Rs 3000/= can be made by using the code 318-5309-0000-9 to any People’s Bank Branch.
Application Fee: LKR 3,000/-
Registration Fee: LKR 5,000/-
Course Fee: LKR 90,000/-
Library Fee: LKR 1,500/-
Examination Fee: LKR 18,000/-
(Per one paper 2,000*9)
Refundable Library Deposit: LKR 5,000/-
(Rs. 2,500/= per card)
PgDPA 5101 – Introduction to Public Administration – S.Ranugge
PgDPA 5102 – Public Sector Accounting and Finance – Nandana Dissanayaka
PgDPA 5103 – Public Policy – Dr. Shamini Chandran
PgDPA 5104 – Seminar on Management – S Sasidaran
Dr. Pavithra Jayawardena
PhD, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Phone: (+94) 11 205 56 56